8 Great Books to Ease Back to School
Back to School Information for Parents
- Kids’ Health: Changing Schools
- Kids’ Health: Your School
- Kids Matters Australia: Starting School
- Child Mind Institute: School
- Melbourne Child Psychology: School Readiness: What is the right age for your child?
Back to School Teaching Resources
- Teaching Tolerance: Know Your Classmates and Mix it Up Learning Plan Learning Plan
- Scholastic: Back to School Ideas and Activities
- Read Write Think: Creating Class Rules: A Beginning to Creating Community
- HuffPost: 14 Teachers On How They Spread Love In The Classroom
- Character: Turn-Taking and Choosing Who Goes First: Playing Fair lesson plan
- Scholastic: The Bully-Free Classroom
- NHS Trust: Anxiety Classroom Resources
Great Back to School Picture Books
*Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. When you click them and then make a purchase I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting my work in this way
The Colour of Home by Mary Hoffman
Daddy Long Legs by Nadine Brun-Cosme
The Proudest Blue by Ibtihaj Muhammad
IslandBorn by Junot Díaz
The Invisible Boy by Trudy Ludwig
Be Big! by Katie Kizer
Sunday Chutney by Aaron Blabey
Going back to school or starting at a new school is not east for many children. What picture books do you use to help all your students settle into the classroom? Let me know in the comments below.
You can also check out other related posts on Children’s Library Lady below. Finally, you will find some essential back to school items from Amazon.
Like this post? Pin it & share the love!