8 Reassuring Back to School Picture Books
Back to School Information for Parents
- Kids’ Health: Changing Schools
- Kids’ Health: Your School
- Kids Matters Australia: Starting School
- Child Mind Institute: School
- Melbourne Child Psychology: School Readiness: What is the right age for your child?
Back to School Teaching Resources
- Teaching Tolerance: Know Your Classmates and Mix it Up Learning Plan Learning Plan
- Scholastic: Back to School Ideas and Activities
- Read Write Think: Creating Class Rules: A Beginning to Creating Community
- HuffPost: 14 Teachers On How They Spread Love In The Classroom
- Character: Turn-Taking and Choosing Who Goes First: Playing Fair lesson plan
- Scholastic: The Bully-Free Classroom
- NHS Trust: Anxiety Classroom Resources
Great Back to School Picture Books
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through them, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.
The Colour of Home by Mary Hoffman
Daddy Long Legs by Nadine Brun-Cosme
The Proudest Blue by Ibtihaj Muhammad
Rulers of the Playground by Joseph Kuefler
IslandBorn by Junot Díaz
The Invisible Boy by Trudy Ludwig
Going back to school or starting at a new school is not east for many children. What picture books do you use to help all your students settle into the classroom? Let me know in the comments below.
You can also check out other related posts on Children’s Library Lady below. Finally, you will find some essential back to school items from Amazon.