A Chair for My Mother by Vera B. Williams
Rosa, her mother and grandmother are left devastated when their home is destroyed by fire. The community helps the family by donating items they will need. The family them save all their coins in a jar to buy a wonderfully comfortable chair for them all to enjoy.
Disclosure: The Children’s Library Lady website contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through these links, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.
Teaching Resources: A Chair for My Mother
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- Bright Hub Education: Read-Aloud Activities and Lesson Ideas
- CPalms: A Close Read activity
- Crayola: A Chair for my Mother Activities
- Harper Collins: Teachers’ Guide
- Institute for Character Education: Character Infused Lessons
- Learning to Give: A Chair for My Mother lesson plan
- Read Works: A Chair for My Mother Lesson Plan
- Reading is Fundamental: Support Materials
- Scholastic: A Chair for My Mother Extension Activities
- Take a look inside
- Belonging Picture Books and Resources
- Compassion Picture Books and Resources
- Gratitude Picture Books and Resources
- Picture Books to Inspire Acts of Kindness
- 20 Children’s Books Showing What It Means to Be Thankful
- 6 Powerful Strategies on How to Choose Books to Read
- Children’s Books & Resources for the IB Learner Profile Traits