After the Fall: How Humpty Dumpty Got Back Up Again by Dan Santat
Dan Santat retells the nursery rhyme Humpty Dumpty from the egg’s perspective. After his fall all the king’s men put Humpty back together but “there were some parts that couldn’t be healed with bandages and glue.” Humpty suffers from anxiety and a fear of heights. This fear stops him from enjoying his bird watching hobby from his favourite spot on top of the wall.
Teaching Resources: After the Fall by Dan Santat
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- After the Fall Official Website
- Dan Santat Official Website
- School Library Journal: After the Fall: How Humpty Dumpty Got Back Up Again Teaching Ideas
- STEM Read: Dan Santat’s After the Fall and Failure-Based Learning
- Take a look inside After the Fal
Books by Dan Santat
Disclosure: The Children’s Library Lady website contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through these links, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.