The Bear and the Piano by David Litchfield
The Bear and the Piano by David Litchfield is a great picture book to promote a sense of belonging, courage, perseverance and wellbeing.
Surprised to discover a piano in the middle of the forest he returns day after day to practice. He plays beautiful music to the delight of the other bears. A chance encounter, along with his musical abilities take him to the city where he plays sold-out concerts.
“The city was everything he had hoped it would be. But deep down, something tugged at the bear's heart… He missed the forest. His missed his own friends. He missed his home.” So the bear makes the difficult decision to return home to his waiting friends.
Teaching Resources: The Bear and the Piano
- Book Trust: The beginnings of The Bear and the Piano
- David Litchfield Tumblr: Information about The Bear and the Piano
- Teaching Ideas: Teaching Ideas and Resources
- Words Alive: The Bear and the Piano lesson plan
- World Book Day: The Bear and the Piano Activities & Games
- Take a look inside
- David Litchfield Official Website
Books by David Litchfield
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through them, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.