20 of The Best Thankfulness and Gratitude Books
Expressing a sense of gratitude & thankfulness makes us happier. Browse a wonderful selection of gratitude books for children illustrating what it means to be thankful.
Thankfulness and Gratitude
Expressing a sense of gratitude and thankfulness makes people happier and healthier. It helps us look at our lives in terms of what is around us and not just material things. Below is a wonderful selection of books illustrating what it means to be thankful. They are perfect to use as Thanksgiving books, but can be read all year round.
Recommended Thankfulness and Gratitude Books
These thankfulness books will leave you and your students with a sense of appreciation for the small things in life that make us feel happy and special At the end of the list of gratitude books you will find a list of thankful and gratitude discussion questions.
Around the Table That Grandad Built by Melanie Heuiser Hill
Bear Says Thanks by Karma Wilson
The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
Last Stop on Market Street by Matt de la Peña
The Table Where Rich People Sit by Byrd Baylor
The Thank You Book by Mo Willems
The Thank You Letter by Jane Cabrera
Thank You, Mr Panda by Steve Antony
Thank You, Omu! by Oge Mora
Thankful by Eileen Spinelli
Those Shoes by Maribeth Boelts
Under the Lemon Moon by Edith Hope Fine
What Is Given from the Heart by Patricia C. McKissack
When Grandma Gives You a Lemon Tree by Jamie L.B. Deenihan
Here are a few gratitude questions to ask your students before, during and after reading thankfulness books.
- I am thankful for ______ becasue _______.
- Did you thank someone today? Why?
- What acts of kindness have been important to you? Why?
- What places fo you feel grateful for? Why?
- Tell me about one thoughtful action you showed someone.
- What is the best thing that has happened today? Tell me why.
- What made you smile today?
- Tell me about the most beautiful thing you saw today.
- How do your family and friends show they care for you?
- Who can you always rely on?
I would love to know about your favourite gratitude books to promote a thankful attitude in your classroom. Do you use specific In this Thanksgiving books? Do you do any activities promoting gratitude? Let me know in the comments below.