30 Picture Books about Appreciation and Thankfulness
Scroll down to view picture books about appreciation, as well as videos and resources related to appreciating others and the beauty around us.
Picture Books about Appreciation
Teaching appreciation through picture books promotes the wonder and beauty we see through a book’s words and illustrations. They also provide outstanding examples of why we should appreciate the people around us and the things they do.
In these books about appreciation, you will find characters who (or are working towards):
- wonder about the world around them
- recognise and value what people do for them and others
- express happiness more easily
- observe what is going on around them
- enjoy spending time with family and friends
- face difficulties with courage and grace
- have a positive mindset and increased engagement
- establish positive relationships
- increase performance and creativity
- inspire others
Suggested Picture Books about Appreciation
The Bear and the Piano by David Litchfield
The Beckoning Cat by Koko Nishizuka
Blackout by John Rocco
Last Stop on Market Street by Matt de la Peña
The Little Gardener by Emily Hughes
Sidewalk Flowers by JonArno Lawson
The Thank You Book by Mo Willems
The Thank You Letter by Jane Cabrera
The Thankful Book by Todd Parr
Appreciation Discussion Questions
- What does appreciation look like to you?
- What can of things you appreciate?
- How does it make you feel to appreciate something?
- How does it feel when someone appreciates you or things you do?
- How does appreciation affect people and their life?
- How does appreciation affect your community of the wider world?
- How does appreciation affect the environment?
- When and where do you feel more appreciated?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through them, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.