16 Books Illustrating How Chinese New Year is Celebrated
Using these books about Chinese New Year is a great way to introduce children to how Chinese New Year is celebrated and the customs and traditions of this exciting celebration.
Explore how Chinese New Year is celebrated
Have your students ever wondered how Chinese New Year is celebrated? Well, look no further, you can use these wonderful books about Chinese New to introduce Chinese culture and traditions. They bring China, a country of great history and beauty, alive.
Before getting to the books I have found some websites that go into more detail about how Chinese New Year is celebrated. There are also a few videos you can use with your students.
- BBC Newsround: What is Chinese New Year?
- Encyclopaedia Britannica: Chinese New Year
- Travel China Guide: Chinese New Year Celebrations around the World
- Travel China Guide: Chinese Zodiac
- Teaching Ideas: Chinese New Year Teaching Ideas and Resources
- The School Run: The Chinese New Year
- Teacher Vision: Chinese New Year Teacher Resources
- Scholastic: Lunar New Year Lesson Plans and Activities
For more picture about China and its culture and traditions take a look at the post ‘17 of the Best Books Promoting Chinese Culture for Kids’.
Picture Books about Chinese New Year
I hope you enjoy these recommended picture books on how Chinese New Year is celebrated. If you have any suggestions of books about Chinese New Year please add them to the comments below.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through them, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.
A New Year's Reunion by Li-Qiong Yu
Goldy Luck and the Three Pandas by Natasha Yim
Sam and the Lucky Money by Karen Chinn
The Race for the Chinese Zodiac by Gabrielle Wang
This Next New Year by Janet S. Wong
Do you celebrate Chinese New Year in your classroom? What resources do you use? Add any books, videos and activities below. I would love to discover more resources!
- 17 of the Best Books Promoting Chinese Culture for Kids
- How to Use Picture Books to Teach Cause and Effect
- Discover the Benefits of Picture Books for Older Readers
- Children’s Books & Resources for the IB Learner Profile Traits
- 6 Powerful Strategies on How to Choose Books to Read
- 7 Useful Tips for Teaching Immigration to Elementary Students