31 Picture Books about Cooperation and Teamwork
Picture books about cooperation and teamwork help children see the benefits of collaboration rather than expecting to have everything on their own terms.
Books about Cooperation and Collaboration
The art of cooperation is an ongoing journey for children, all the way into adulthood. Learning to cooperate is an important skill to master, helping children develop good relationships at home and school. Successful collaboration requires your students to be respectful, caring, honest, thoughtful, reflective and open-minded.
These books about cooperation promote the benefits of collaboration. They include siblings and friends working to cooperate effectively and cover themes of harmony, compromise and being reflective.
You will see characters who:
- work together to a common goal
- learn to trust others through successful teamwork and collaboration
- increase their social development and interactions
- communicate their needs and listen to the needs of others
- think about the perspectives of others and show empathy
- work through conflict with others to a successful resolution
- cooperation, compromise, fairness and sharing
Picture Books about Cooperation and Teamwork
111 Trees: How One Village Celebrates the Birth of Every Girl by Rina Singh
A Chair For My Mother by Vera B. Williams
Click, Clack, Moo Cows That Type by Doreen Cronin
Goal! by Mina Javaherbin
Harlem Grown: How One Big Idea Transformed a Neighborhood by Tony Hillery
Hiawatha and the Peacemaker by Robbie Robertson
The Librarian of Basra by Jeanette Winter
The Lion and the Mouse by Jerry Pinkney
The Little Red Pen by Janet Stevens
The Red Prince by Charlie Roscoe
Seven Blind Mice by Ed Young
A Symphony of Whales by Steve Schuch
That Fruit is Mine! by Anuska Allepuz
The Tomorrow Book by Jackie French
The Wolf, The Duck & The Mouse by Mac Barnett
Questions to use with books about cooperation
- How do you cooperate with others?
- Why can cooperation and teamwork be difficult? What are the obstacles?
- What characteristics did [character] have that made them a good friend?
- What characteristics was [character] looking for in a friend?
- Why was it important that [character] cooperated with [character]? Do you think [character] could accomplish their task by themselves?
- What was the relationship between [character] and [character]?
- How was [character] able to put aside their feelings towards [character] to work together? Why is it sometimes hard to cooperate??
- In what ways did [character] depend on others?
- How can positive relationships with others help us overcome difficult situations?
- What characteristics make up a good/healthy/positive relationship?
- What are the benefits of a good/healthy/positive relationship?
- How can your actions affect a relationship with others?
- How does (honesty, communication, empathy, etc) affect relationships with others?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through them, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.