Children's Art Week
Children’s Art Week (11-19 June 2018) is an annual UK-wide programme run by Engage. They “believe every child and young person should have the opportunity to experience the richness of the arts, museums and libraries.” Events, hosted by over 70 organisations, encourage children’s creativity. They invite children and their families to engage in a broad range of art activities.
I have selected four wonderful books about children engaging in art activities. You can find a full list of creative books after the Children’s Art Week resources. You can discover more great picture books by browsing through lists on the website.
Children's Art Week Resources
- Artcyclopedia: Information about artist, paintings, styles, etc
- Arts Council England: Cultivating creativity: Children’s Art Week
- BBC: Unleash your creativity for Children’s Art Week
- Character First Education: Creativity – Ideas, videos and free downloads
- Engage: Children’s Art Week 2018
- Northern Ireland Curriculum: Art and Design Activities
- Novak Djokovic Foundation: How to Raise a Creative Child
- PsyPost: Stress-related hormone cortisol lowers significantly after just 45 minutes of art creation
- SchoolZone: Art and craft projects for the classroom
- Show.Me: All about art – games, collection objects, videos and more from museums and galleries
- South West Art Workshops: Children’s Art Week – Ideas for Schools
- TES: A guide to running a successful arts week
- TES: Primary teachers get creative for Children’s Art Week
*Disclosure: Amazon, Book Depository buttons are affiliate links. I will earn a small percentage of any purchases made. It won’t cost you anything!