The Cloud Spinner by Michael Catchpool
A boy sits on top of hill spinning clouds into beautiful cloth to make two scarves because “enough is enough and not one stitch more.” But a greedy king sees the beautiful scarves and demands the boy keeps spinning the clouds to make clothes for the royal family.
Teaching Resources: The Cloud Spinner
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- Edutopia: Creating a Culture of Integrity in the Classroom
- National Geographic Kids: Climate Change
- PBS Parents: Teaching Children to Have Integrity
- The Washington Post: The lessons I learned trying to teach my child generosity
- Weather Wizz Kids: Clouds
- Words Alive: The Cloud Spinner activities
- Writing and Illustrating: Alison Jay explains her work process
- Take a look inside
Books by Michael Catchpool & Alison Jay
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through them, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.