The Day the Crayons Came Home by Drew Daywalt
The Day the Crayons Came Home by Drew Daywalt promotes creativity, emotions and different perspectives.
A stack of postcards arrives for Duncan. They set out a series of complaints from a group of neglected crayons.
Duncan’s dog ate Tan, Neon Red was left by a hotel pool, Maroon is under the sofa, Yellow and Orange melted together, and Pea Green is changing his name to Esteban the Magnificent because everyone hates the colour.
Series: The Day the Crayons Quit (1), The Day the Crayons Came Home (2)
Teaching Resources: The Day the Crayons Came Home
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- Crayons Picture Books Official Website
- Crayons Picture Books: The Day the Crayons Came Home Educator’s Guide and Activities
- Crayons Picture Books: Vote for Your Favourite Crayon
- Reading is Fundamental: Guide for Educators
- Reading is Fundamental: The Day the Crayons Came Home: Educator Guide
- Reading Zone: Oliver Jeffers Discussions and Activities
- School Zone: The Day the Crayons Came Home discussion ideas and activities
- Take a look inside
Books by Drew Daywalt
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through them, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.