Each Kindness by Jacqueline Woodson promotes relationship skills, tolerance, kindness and reflection.
Chloe and her friends have been excluding the new girl Maya. It is only when her teacher does a lesson on kindness that Chloe reflects on her behaviour and regrets “each kindness I had never shown.”
Teaching Resources: Each Kindness by Jacqueline Woodson
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- Anti Definition League: Each Kindness Lesson Plan
- E. B. Lewis Official Website
- Harmony Early Learning Journey: 6 Ways to Encourage Long-lasting Friendships in Childhood
- Jacqueline Woodson Official Website
- The Ned Show: Each Kindness Lesson Plan
- Penguin Books: A guide to the works of Jacqueline Woodson
- Reading is Fundamental: Each Kindness: Anti Bullying Books
- Reading is Fundamental: Each Kindness activities
- Reading is Fundamental: Each Kindness: Guide for Educators
- Scholastic Weston Woods: Lesson Plans
- WITS Program: Each Kindness Lesson Plan
- Take a look inside Each Kindness by Jacqueline Woodson