Grandfather’s Journey by Allan Say
“My grandfather was a young man when he left his home in Japan and went to see the world.” Say writes about his grandfather’s journey across the Pacific Ocean and his travels in America. He returns to Japan to marry his childhood sweetheart. He takes her to America to have a family but longs to return to Japan. Once back in Japan, his daughter marries and Allen Say was born.
Grandfather’s Journey Resources
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- Doors to the World: Grandfather’s Journey Mini-Unit Plan
- Learning to Give: Sharing and Caring Across Generations
- Reading is Fundamental: Support Materials
- Scholastic: Grandfather’s Journey Extension Activities
- Tripline: Timeline of Grandfather’s Journey
- Weston Woods: Grandfather’s Journey book activities
Grandfather’s Journey Videos
Books by Allen Say
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through them, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.