The Hello, Goodbye Window by Norton Juster
Everything happens outside Nanna and Poppy’s Hello, Goodbye Window in the kitchen. When the narrator of this story visits her grandparents they greet her as she leaves her parents at this special window.
This window is magical for the young girl, not just a place to see her grandparents but also play games, count the stars and have fun. “You can climb up on the flower barrel and tap,” she says, “then duck down and they won’t know who did it.”
Teaching Resources: The Hello, Goodbye Window
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
Books by Norton Juster & Chris Raschka
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through them, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.
- 8 Benefits to Reading With Children Every Day
- Amazing Strategies For Reading Aloud With Children
- An Overview of the Benefits of Early Reader Books
- Discover the Benefits of Picture Books for Older Readers
- 6 Powerful Strategies on How to Choose Books to Read
- Children’s Books & Resources for the IB Learner Profile Traits
- How to Use Picture Books to Teach Cause and Effect