A Home for Gully by Jo Clegg
A city sweeper cleans away Gully’s home every morning. Fetch, a neighbourhood dog asks Gully what he is looking for. He responds, “A home that doesn’t get swept away, where my feet are warm, my feathers are dry, and my tummy is full.” Fetch, and his fleas, help Gully find a new home, meeting new friends along the way.
Teaching Resources: A Home for Gully
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- Kitson Press: Jo Clegg Biography
- Lalalimola Official Website
- Learning to Give: Homelessness
- Learning to Give: Hunger and Homelessness
- Oxford Owl UK: Learn How to Draw Gully
- PBS Parents: Empathy in Action: How to Help Your Five-Year-Old Treat Others With Compassion
- Wellspring Family Services: 14 Ways to Effectively Explain Homelessness and Poverty to Your Child
- Take a look inside A Home for Gully