Horton Hears a Who! by Dr. Seuss
Horton the elephant is the only animal in the jungle who hears the cries of help from a Who, a community that lives on a speck a dust. “My friends!” cried the elephant.”Tell me! Do tell! Are you safe? Are you sound? Are you whole? Are you well?”
Throughout the story, Horton shows compassion, persistence, respect and community spirit for the Who. “A person’s a person, no matter how small.”
Series: Horton Hatches the Egg; Horton Hears a Who!
Teaching Resources: Horton Hears a Who! by Dr. Seuss
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- Scholastic: Dr. Seuss Horton Hears a Who! Extension Activities
- Scholastic: Dr. Seuss author study
- Seussville Official Website
- Teaching Children Philosophy: Guidelines for Philosophical Discussion
- Teaching Ideas: Teaching Ideas and Resources
- Teach Peace Foundation: Dr. Seuss teaches peace – Horton Hears A Who!
- Take a look inside
Books by Dr. Seuss
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through them, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.