How to Read a Book by Kwame Alexander
How to Read a Book by Kwame Alexander is a delightful picture book that promotes a love of reading. It takes us on a poetic and sensory journey about the experiences we have when reading.
After picking up a book he tells us to “dig your thumb at the bottom of each juicy section and pop the words out… Squeeze every morsel of each plump line until the last drop of magic drips from the infinite sky.” A wonderful message wrapped up in a vibrant book for children of all ages.
Teaching Resources: How to Read a Book
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
Books by Kwame Alexander & Melissa Sweet
Disclosure: The Children’s Library Lady website contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through these links, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.
- Discover the Benefits of Picture Books for Older Readers
- 6 Powerful Strategies on How to Choose Books to Read
- Children’s Books & Resources for the IB Learner Profile Traits
- 18 of the Best Children’s Books about Identity
- Identity Books and Resources for the Classroom
- Why Are Wordless Picture Books Important