Jack (Not Jackie) by Erica Silverman
The author, Erica Silverman, explains her reasons for writing a picture book about gender identity. You will also find lists of books, articles, online resources and picture books related to gender identity.
*Thank you to Little Bees Books for providing a preview copy.
Teaching Resources: Jack (Not Jackie)
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- Equality and Human Rights Commission: Who Am I?
- glaad: Resources
- Erica Silverman Official Website
- Holly Hatam Official Website
- Humanium: Understanding Children’s Right to Identity
- Little Bee Books: Q&A with Erica Silverman, author of the transgender-affirming picture book ‘Jack (Not Jackie)’
- Planned Parenthood: What should I teach my elementary school aged child about identity?
- Safe @ School: Lesson Plans and Tool Kits
- Stonewall: “Resources to tackle homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying in education environments and help create more inclusive spaces.” Stonewall also made the film FREE “about friendship, families and the importance of being yourself”.
- Take a look inside Jack (Not Jackie)
Books by Erica Silverman & Holly Hatam
Disclosure: The Children’s Library Lady website contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through these links, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.
- 18 of the Best Picture Books about Identity
- Gender Roles Picture Books & Resources
- Identity Picture Books & Resources
- Fabulous Resources for School Diversity Week
- Talking to Young Children about Pride Month
- 6 Powerful Strategies on How to Choose Books to Read
- Children’s Books & Resources for the IB Learner Profile Traits