Leaf by Sandra Dieckmann
A polar bear arriving in a wood. “The strange white creature carried upon the dark waves towards the shore.” The native animals hide in the trees, too frightened to approach the stranger. Watching the bear collect colourful leaves from afar they name him Leaf.
Teaching Resources: Leaf by Sandra Dieckmann
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- Additional No Outsiders: Leaf Lesson Plans
- Digital Art: Video and Interview with Sandra Dieckmann
- The Federation of Children’s Book Groups: Making ‘Leaf’ by Sandra Dieckman
- Flying Eye Books: Short Moving Images of Leaf
- Sandra Dieckmann: Official Website
- Teach Wire: KS1 Book Topic – Teach Reading and Writing with Leaf by Sandra Dieckmann
- Take a look inside Leaf
Disclosure: The Children’s Library Lady website contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through these links, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.
- How to Save Money Making a Book Character Costume
- Amazing Books That Inspire Environmental Responsibility
- Belonging Picture Books & Resources
- Loneliness Picture Books & Resources
- Discover the Benefits of Picture Books for Older Readers
- 6 Powerful Strategies on How to Choose Books to Read
- Children’s Books & Resources for the IB Learner Profile Traits