Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse by Kevin Henkes
Lilly’s Purple Plastic Purse by Kevin Henkes promotes self-management, integrity, reflection and forgiveness.
Lilly loves school and her teacher, and her purple plastic purse. When her teacher, Mr Slinger, confiscates the purse she plans her revenge. “She thought and she thought and she thought a bit longer. And then she drew a picture of Mr Slinger [as] BIG FAT MEAN MR. STEALING TEACHER!”
Lilly soon feels remorse for her actions and sets out to make amends with her teacher, he is understanding and tells her “tomorrow will be better.
Series: Lilly’s Big Day, Lilly’s Chocolate Heart
Teaching Resources: Lilly’s Purple Plastic Purse
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- Character: Action Cycle lesson plan
- Harper Kids Youtube: Meet Kevin Henkes
- Kevin Henkes teaching guide and downloads
- Kevin Henkes Website: Downloads
- Read Works: Personality Traits
- Reading is Fundamental: Picture Book Guide and Support Materials
- Teaching Children Philosophy: Guidelines for Philosophical Discussion
- Teaching Guide: The World of Kevin Henkes Activity Booklet
- Take a look inside