Listen to the Wind: The Story of Dr. Greg and Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson
Listen to the Wind tells the story of Greg Mortenson told from the perspective of the Pakistani children he met. In 1993 Mortenson found himself lost and ill in his attempt to climb the mountain K2. Villagers from the small Pakistani village of Korphe rescue Mortenson and nursed him back to health. He wonders how he could ever repay their kindness. A village elder advises him to “listen to the wind.”
Teaching Resources: Listen to the WInd
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- Greg Mortenson Website: Central Asia Institute
- Penguin: Three Cups of Tea discussion questions and activities
- Pennies for Peace: Listen to the Wind Study Guide
- Pennies for Peace: Information for Educators
- Perfect Learning: A Guide for Educators, Students and Communities
- Susan Roth Official Website
- Take a look inside Listen to the Wind
Books by Greg Mortenson & Susan Roth
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through them, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.