Listen to the Wind tells the story of Greg Mortenson told from the perspective of the Pakistani children he met. In 1993 Mortenson found himself lost and ill in his attempt to climb the mountain K2. Villagers from the small Pakistani village of Korphe rescue Mortenson and nursed him back to health. He wonders how he could ever repay their kindness. A village elder advises him to “listen to the wind.”
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
Books by Greg Mortenson & Susan Roth
- Belonging Picture Books & Resources
- Amazing Books That Inspire Environmental Responsibility
- Gender Roles Picture Books & Resources
- 8 Great Books to Ease Back Into School
- Four Feet, Two Sandals by Karen Lynn Williams
- 14 cows for America by Carmen Agra Deedy
- The Three Questions by Jon J. Muth
- The Red Bicycle by Jude Isabella
More Books to Explore
The Children’s Library Lady has over 450 picture books on large variety of topics. You will find specific book, author and illustrator information, as well as resources. You can also browse themed books lists and explore all the books on the website. Click on the book covers below to start exploring what the website has to offer.