Max’s Words by Kate Banks
Max’s brother Benjamin collects stamps and his other brother Karl collects coins. Feeling left out Max decides to collect words. “He cut them out of magazines and newspapers. And he spread them across his desk.” He collects big and small words, words that make him happy, words he likes to eat, and words of his favourite colours.
“Soon Max’s collection of words spreads into the hallway.” Max sorts the words to see if he could make a story with his huge collection. Karl and Benjamin gave him a helping hand and they create story after story.
Series: Max’s Words (1); Max’s Castle (2); Max’s Dragon (3); Max’s Math (4)
Teaching Resources: Max’s Words
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
Books by Kate Banks & Boris Kulikov
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through them, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.
- The 5 Stages of Reading Development
- Discover the Benefits of Picture Books for Older Readers
- An Overview of the Benefits of Early Reader Books
- 7 Reasons Why Wordless Picture Books are so Powerful
- 6 Powerful Strategies on How to Choose Books to Read
- Children’s Books & Resources for the IB Learner Profile Traits
- How to Use Picture Books to Teach Cause and Effect