Meesha Makes Friends Activities and Comprehension Questions
In Meesha Makes Friends, a girl develops her social skills and self-confidence to make new friends. Click for activities and questions.
Meesha makes her first friends when she finds something in common with them. Meesha Makes Friends gives you the opportunity to promote:
- Social skills and making friends
- Finding common ground helps you make friends.
You can also use Meesha Makes Friends to teach:
Scroll down for Meesha Makes Friends activities, discussion questions and videos.
Meesha Makes Friends Summary
Meesha loves to make things, but she finds it hard to make friends. She is unsure what to say and do when she is around other children. She can create anything but doesn’t know how to play the ‘right’ way. Instead of making friends, she makes pretend friends from her craft materials. They help Meesha feel at ease.
When Meesha’s parents take her to a party, the noise and chaos overwhelm her. She discovers a quiet spot and makes more of her pretend friends. Josh approaches Meesha to ask her what she is doing. Meesha takes a deep breath and tells the boy about her creations. Finding out they both enjoy being creative helps Meesha feel at ease with Josh. She learns how finding something in common with someone helps her make new friends.
Meesha Makes Friends by Tom Percival
Illustrator: Tom Percival
Publisher: Bloomsbury Children's Books
Take a look inside Meesha Makes Friends
Meesha Makes Friends Activities & Resources
I have created literacy graphic organizers for Meesha Makes Friends. You can find them at my Teachers Pay Teachers store. There are many activities for each literacy area to differentiate depending on your student’s ability/age. They include activities for:
- Author’s Purpose
- Cause & Effect
- Character Traits and Analysis
- Comprehension Questions and Writing Prompts
- Inferring and Predicting
- Main Idea and Theme
- Making Connections
- Point of View
- Problem and Solution
- Retelling, Sequencing and Summarizing
*Click on these links to discover book recommendations on these topics.
External Meesha Makes Friends Activities & Links
FREE Meesha Makes Friends Activities
Would you like free graphic organisers for Meesha Makes Friends?
I have a freebie that is part of a larger resource so you can try it out before buying anything!
Fill in the form below to get access to the FREE pack. Click on the image to see the full pack on Teachers Pay Teachers.
Meesha Makes Friends Read-Aloud Questions
Read aloud sessions are a wonderful way for children to understand the connection between written text and spoken language. You can model reading habits and strategies, reading fluency, tone and eye contact. You can also introduce different genres, authors and illustrators.
- What do you think Tom Percival wants us to learn from reading Meesha Makes Friends? What did you learn from reading Meesha Makes Friends?
- Describe the problem faced by Meesha and how she solved it.
- How did the illustrations help you understand Meesha Makes Friends?
- How does Tom Percival show Meesha’s emotions throughout the book?
- How would you describe Meesha? What are her character traits?
- Does Meesha’s experience remind you of anything in the real world or your own life?
- Meesha felt at ease with her pretend friends. What makes you comfortable and at ease?
- Why are the other characters in the story grey and Meesha is in colour?
- Why do you think the colour of the illustrations changes towards the end of the book?
- Meesha learns it helps to have something in common when making friends. Can you make friends with someone who has nothing in common with you? Why or why not?
Meesha Makes Friends Videos
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through them, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.