Mr Tiger Goes Wild by Peter Brown
Mr Tiger Goes Wild by Peter Brown is a fun picture book that reinforces the themes of individuality, identity and manners.
“Everyone was perfectly fine with the way things were. Everyone but Mr Tiger.” Mr Tiger is bored with the proper behaviour expected in the city. During a break with protocol, he abandons his clothes and runs wild.
“But Mr Tiger was lonely. He missed his friends. He missed the city. He missed his home.” When he returns home, he is delighted that the community has changed by embracing their individuality.
Teaching Resources: Mr Tiger Goes Wild
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- Pan Macmillian Mr Tiger Goes Wild Activity Sheets
- Peter Brown Website: Mr Tiger Goes Wild Activity Kit
- Northern Ireland Curriculum: I Belong – Developing themselves as a member of a community
- NYSUT: Mr Tiger Goes Wild Lesson Plan
- Teach Wire: Mr Tiger Goes Wild Book Topic For KS1: Behaviour And Rules
- Take a look inside