My Heart by Corinna Luyken
“My heart is a window, my heart is a slide. My heart can be closed or opened up wide.”
A poetic book full of metaphors about the heart. A young girl describes how her feeling change day by day. Her heart “some days it’s a puddle. Some days it’s a stain. Some days it is cloudy and heavy with rain.” But a “heart that is closed can still open again.” In the end, she describes how it is her choice about how she feels. Whether it is “closed or open… I get to decide.”
Teaching Resources: My Heart by Corinna Luyken
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- Brain Pickings: My Heart: An Emotional Intelligence Primer in the Form of an Uncommonly Tender Illustrated Poem About Our Capacity for Love
- Corinna Luyken Website: Book Activities
- Corinna Luyken Official Website
- Read Brightly: Meet the Illustrator: Corinna Luyken
- Teaching With Picture Books: Free Lesson Plan & Activities
- Take a look inside
Books by Corinna Luyken
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through them, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.