The Name Jar by Yangsook Choi
When Unhei moves from Korea to America her classmates can’t pronounce her name. She wants to choose a new name that is easier for them to pronounce, but she comes to realise she likes her name just the way it is.
Teaching Resources: The Name Jar
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- Developing a Global Perspective: The Name Jar Lesson Plan
- Lifehack: 10 Things To Remember If You Want To Raise Your Kids To Be Open-minded
- Scholastic: Read-Aloud Lessons to Foster Friendships
- Scholastic: What’s in a Name? Back to School Literacy Unit
- Teaching Children Philosophy: The Name Jar Guidelines for Philosophical Discussion
- WITS: Lesson Plan
- Take a look inside
Books by Yangsook Choi
Disclosure: The Children’s Library Lady website contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through these links, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.
- 18 of the Best Picture Books about Identity
- Identity Picture Books and Resources
- Picture Books Embracing Dynamic Friendships
- Children’s Books & Resources for the IB Learner Profile Traits
- 6 Powerful Strategies on How to Choose Books to Read
- How to Use Picture Books to Teach Cause and Effect
- 8 Great Books to Ease Back Into School