One by Kathryn Otoshi
“Blue was a quiet color… Every once in a while he wished he could be more sunny like Yellow. Or bright like Green. More regal like Purple.” Generally, Blue likes being blue unless he comes across Red. Bully Red picked on quiet Blue. But along comes One who unites all the other colours and shows them how to stand up to Red and be counted.
Series: One (1); Zero (2); Two (3)
Teaching Resources: One by Kathryn Otoshi
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- Bullying UK: Working With Pupils to Prevent Bullying
- Kathryn Otoshi Official Website
- National Geographic Kids Youtube: Discover the Amazing World of Numbers video playlist
- Scholastic: Three Lessons: Using Storybooks to Teach Math
- Stop Bullying: Teach kids how to identify bullying and how to stand up to it safely
- Teaching Tolerance: Appreciating and Celebrating Diversity Learning Plan
- Teaching Tolerance: Organizing to End Bullying
- WITS programme: One questions and activities
- Take a look inside One
Books by Kathryn Otoshi
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through them, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.