Perseverance Book List & Resources
Grit and perseverance are the ability to push through challenges. It also means giving things another go if previous attempts end in failure. The key to perseverance is motivation, positivity and the courage to see things through to completion. Fostering an attitude of not giving up, resilience and determination help children to develop independence. Teach perseverance with this great collection of books in the perseverance book list. They illustrate how hard work and persistence can overcome obstacles and challenges.
Perseverance Book List
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies subject to subject. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
Kids’ Health: Resilience – don’t let things get you down
Child Mind Institute: Street and Resilience articles
PBS Parents: Try, Try Again: Helping Your Five-Year-Old Develop Grit
Bright Horizons: Encouraging Grit and Teaching Perseverance to Children
Bright Horizons: How to Teach Children Patience – Make Waiting Fun and Educational
Talking with Trees: Character Education Lesson Plan- Respect, Perseverance
- Strategies to Help When Children Make Reading Errors
- Powerful Books About Remarkable Women
- Resilience Picture Books & Resources
- Determination Picture Books & Resources
- The Crocodile Who Didn’t Like Water by Gemma Merino teaching resources
- Sam and Dave Dig a Hole by Mac Barnett teaching resources
- Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly teaching resources
More Books to Explore
Did you enjoy this post? Why not share it!
Africa Book List Africa Book List Africa Book List Africa Book List Africa Book List