Are you looking for an engaging way to teach reading comprehension strategies? Look no further! Help your students strengthen their comprehension skills while digging deeper into Giraffes Can’t Dance by Giles Andreae with this comprehensive set of activities.
The Giraffes Can’t Dance literacy activities are fun, easy to use, differentiated, and specifically connected to the book through imagery and quotes.
The worksheets are open-ended, so your students can work at their own level, and you can assess their understanding.
Giraffes Can't Dance promotes risk-taking, self-acceptance and a growth mindset and reflects that it's okay to do things your way and how a growth mindset helps you accomplish something that, at first, seems impossible.
These themes are reinforced further with Giraffes Can’t Dance read-aloud questions for you to use before, during and after reading the book. Try some of the Giraffes Can’t Dance questions in your classroom today by visiting this blog post.
Prep is quick and easy. Just print the student pages you need, and you are ready to deliver fun and engaging lessons! All you need to prepare is the book!
Your students will love practicing comprehension skills in engaging ways, engaging in active and meaningful discussions, working on challenging but achievable activities suitable for different abilities, making connections with their own experiences and playing cut-and-stick activities and games.
- Activities and games related to the cause and effect in Giraffes Can’t Dance.
- Activities explore the character traits in Giraffes Can’t Dance and anchor chart labels.
- The read-aloud questions come as a list, individual cards and sticky note templates. The Giraffes Can’t Dance questions include inference, prediction, making connections, point of view, character traits and much more!
- Giraffes Can’t Dance inferring and predicting activities.
- Main idea and theme with specific examples related to Giraffes Can’t Dance.
- Making connections to the themes and actions in Giraffes Can’t Dance, including text-to-self, text-to-text, and text-to-world.
- Point of view activities related to the characters, author and narrator of Giraffes Can’t Dance.
- Giraffes Can’t Dance retelling and sequencing activities with text and visual images, including black and white and colored versions.
Each comprehension skill has activities with different difficulty levels, so all you have to do is choose the best pages for your student’s needs.
Many of the Giraffes Can’t Dance activities have boxes your students can respond to with text or illustrations, depending on their ability.
This Giraffes Can’t Dance book companion is a supplemental product. You can choose the most relevant pages for your needs and the ability and understanding of your students.
The purple text on the ‘Teacher Notes’ pages is specific to the book, for example, ideas for sequencing and the main idea and theme.
The Giraffes Can’t Dance book activities and questions and activities are opinion based and open-ended for easy differentiation.
Please ask any questions before purchasing.
⭐️TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
“Thank you for this great resource! I loved coming back from winter break and using the Growth Mindset portion of this unit.” Elizabeth
“This is perfect! I found it really good for doing retells.” Michelle
Copyright © Children’s Library Lady
This product is for individual single-classroom use only. Copying, altering, redistributing, editing, or re-selling anything from this product is strictly forbidden.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.