The Red Bicycle by Jude Isabella
When Leo outgrows his beloved red bicycle he donates it to a charity for a new lease of life. “An organisation that helps widows and orphans will distribute the bicycles to families who need them. Bicycles save time and effort. Children ride them to school, and older folks use them to transport goods to market.” It travels to Burkina Faso where Aliseta uses it to carry her goods to the local market. It then becomes an ambulance that can travel on the rough terrain to patients in need.
Series: Part of the CitizenKid collection
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
Books by Jude Isabella & Simone Shin
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through them, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.
- Picture Books to Inspire Acts of Kindness
- 4 Picture Books to Inspire Generosity & Recycling
- Amazing Books That Inspire Environmental Responsibility
- Discover the Benefits of Picture Books for Older Readers
- 6 Powerful Strategies on How to Choose Books to Read
- Children’s Books & Resources for the IB Learner Profile Traits
- How to Use Picture Books to Teach Cause and Effect