Work with Me & Review Policy
I am delighted to hear from publishers to add picture books to the Children’s Library Lady (CLL) website. My goal is to add picture books of excellent quality that fit into the 90+ topics on the website. For each book, I add a synopsis, resources, purchasing links and more books by the author and illustrator. I do not give my opinion on any book as I want the reader to decide the best book for their needs.
Read the statements below before contacting me. If you would like to work with me publishers or PR representatives can contact me here or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t be offended if I don’t reply to every email, I have to balance this with my work commitment.
- CLL focuses on high-quality picture books for school-age children (3 – 11 years old)
- CLL’s target audience is teachers, parents and school librarians.
- CLL is not my full-time occupation, therefore I am unable to accept e-books, self-published or unpublished books.
- I do not consider non-fiction books unless in picture book formats, such as biographies and true events.
- If a book does not contribute to the books already in a topic I will not add them. Some topics such as “friendship” have many books, while other topics need additional books.
- My aim to add books in a timely manner, but can make no guarantees.
- I post photographs of books on social media with author, illustrator and publisher hashtags and handles.
- I am open to considering non-book products if they relate to reading with children.
- I cannot return any review copies. Once read they will be kept in the CLL’s collection, donated to friends or charities. I am also happy to run competitions with these books.
This Review Policy was updated on 10 February 2019. Feel free to contact me if you are happy with the information above.