Rosie Revere, Engineer by Andrea Beaty
Rosie is a creative thinker who, after being laughed at, hides her inventions. “Alone in her attic, the moon high above, dear Rosie made gadgets and gizmos she loved. And when she grew sleepy, she hid her machines far under her bed, where they’d never be seen.”
Her great-aunt, an engineer, gives her the encouragement she needs and shows her that failure is part of the creative process. “The only true failure can come if you quit.”
Rosie Revere, Engineer Resources
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- Abrams Books: Rosie Revere, Engineer Curriculum Ideas
- Andrea Beaty Website: Rosie Revere, Engineer Downloads and Teacher Guide
- British Council: How to approach teaching gender equality to boys and girls
- Reading is Fundamental: Teaching Support Materials
- Reading is Fundamental: Rosie Revere, Engineer Guide for Educators
- Teaching Tolerance: STEM at Work
- Teaching Tolerance: Who, Me? A Scientist?
Rosie Revere, Engineer Book Trailer
Books by Andrea Beaty & David Robert
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through them, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.