Ruby's Wish by Shirin Yim
Ruby lives with her grandfather who “did what rich men did in old China: he married many wives.” A tutor teaches his 100 grandchildren but Ruby is the only girl who wishes to continue her education rather than marry.
Ruby's Wish Resources
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- Biblio Garden: Culture: Beliefs and Values #3: Ruby’s Wish: The Value of Education for Girls and Boys
- Indiana University: Learning Invitations
- Prindle Institute for Ethics: Guidelines for Philosophical Discussion
- Read Works Classic: Analyzing Character Conflict Caused by the Plot
- Read Works Classic: Predicting a Solution to a Problem
Ruby's Wish Videos
Books by Shirin Yim & Sophie Blackall
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through them, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.