Social & Emotional Learning:
What is Self-Management?
Self-management builds on from social awareness. It helps students recognise how different situations influence their behaviour, emotions and judgments. This recognition allows them to respond in constructive ways and regulate their emotions in demanding situations. Students prepared to self-manage are self-motivated, organised and show perseverance.
- Control emotions, thoughts, and behaviour in different situations
- Promote perseverance in personal and academic life
- Integrate mindfulness practices to manage stress
- Motivating themselves to persevere in overcoming challenges
- Set goals, both personal and academic, and work towards them
- Develop organisational skills and stick to routines
Self-Management Book Lists
Click on the images below to explore self-management book lists. You will picture book recommendations, website suggestions, lesson plans and much more!
More Books to Explore
The Children’s Library Lady has over 300 picture books on large variety of topics. You will find specific book, author and illustrator information, as well as resources. You can also browse themed books lists and explore all the books on the website. Click on the book covers below to start exploring what the website has to offer.
*Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. When you click them and then make a purchase I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting my work in this way
Did you enjoy this post? Why not share it!
Africa Book List Africa Book List Africa Book List Africa Book List Africa Book List