Seven Blind Mice by Ed Young
Seven Blind Mice by Ed Young promotes different perspectives, communication and cooperation.
“One day seven blind mice were surprised to find a strange Something by their pond.” Frightened they all rushed home. One by one they revisited the Something and felt a different part.
They came back and discussed what they thought it was, a pillar, a snake, a spear, a great cliff, a fan and a rope. Their differing views caused an argument, each thinking their own opinion was correct.
The seventh and final mouse explores the whole Something and understood it was an elephant. “Knowing in part may make a fine tale, but wisdom comes from seeing the whole.”
Seven Blind Mice Resources
- Better Lesson: Seven Blind Mice cutouts
- Character Education: Classroom lessons
- Read Write Think: Building Critical Thinking Skills – Seven Blind Mice
- Reading is Fundamental: Teaching Support Materials
- Reading is Fundamental: Common Core Lesson Ideas
- SAS: Compare and Contrast lesson plan
Seven Blind Mice Book Trailers & Videos
Books by Ed Young
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through them, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.