Social & Emotional Learning:
Social Awareness Book Lists
What is Social Awareness?
Socially aware children recognise how their emotions and behaviour affects social interactions. They use empathy to recognise the mood and feelings of others helping them build strong, healthy relationships with people from a diversity of backgrounds.
Understanding the point of view of others influences their social interactions in positive ways. They will identify the feelings of others through non-verbal communication. Social awareness helps children cope in new situations and increases emotional wellbeing.
Social Awareness Characteristics
- Show respect for others
- Understand and empathise with the perspectives of others
- Appreciate diversity and the similarities and differences of people
- Understand the perspectives of others will influence interactions with others
- Read social situations by using empathy to recognise the emotions of others
- Increase control of social and emotional wellbeing
- Understand how their mood and behaviour affects other people
- Use strategies to deal with unexpected situations
Social Awareness Books & Resources
Click on the images below to explore social awareness book lists. You will picture book recommendations, website suggestions, lesson plans and much more!
Social Awareness Books
for the Classroom
Did you enjoy this post? Why not share it!
Africa Book List Africa Book List Africa Book List Africa Book List Africa Book List