Stuck by Oliver Jeffers
Stuck by Oliver Jeffers is a funny picture book that highlights cause and effect, perseverance and responsible decision-making.
“It all began when Floyd got his kite stuck in a tree. He tried pulling and swinging but it wouldn’t come unstuck.” Floyd tries throwing his shoes to dislodge the kite, but that doesn’t work.
Floyd attempts to use more and more outrageous objects (and people) to free the kite! Will he succeed in reclaiming his kite?
Teaching Resources: Stuck by Oliver Jeffers
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- Big Life Journal: How To Raise Resilient Kids Who Never Give Up
- The Guardian: The Science of Resilience: How to Teach Students to Persevere
- The Guardian: Oliver Jeffers: a gallery of great children’s books
- Oliver Jeffers Website: Free Stuff
- Reading Zone: Oliver Jeffers Discussions and Activities
- Scholastic: Understanding Cause and Effect Lesson Plan
- Scottish Book Trust: Authors Live Oliver Jeffers
- Scottish Book Trust: Oliver Jeffers Downloads
- Teaching Ideas: Teaching Ideas and Resources
- Take a look inside Stuck
Books by Oliver Jeffers
- How to Save Money Making a Book Character Costume
- The Best Cause and Effect Books and Resources
- Entertaining Cause and Effect Activities Your Students Will Love
- Using Picture Books to Teach Cause and Effect
- 14 Engaging Cause and Effect Toys for All Ages
- 6 Powerful Strategies on How to Choose Books to Read
- Children’s Books & Resources for the IB Learner Profile Traits