Black Dog by Levi Pinfold
As each family member spies a dog through their window, it grows in size and menace. It is the smallest member of the family who discovers the dog is not what the rest of the family imagined.
“The rest of the Hope family were extremely pleased to see that the black dog was neither as huge nor a scary as they had feared.”
Black Dog Resources
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- Centre for Literacy in Primary Education: Create a visual representation of a character, scene or setting
- CILIP Carnegie and Kate Greenaway Medals: Visual Literacy notes
- The Guardian: Levi Pinfold’s Black Dog – in pictures
- Mid Wales Music Trust: A Music, Puppetry and Storytelling Project
- Teach Wire: KS2 Book Topic: Black Dog By Levi Pinfold Lets Pupils Explore Their Fears From A Safe Space
Black Dog Book Trailers
Books by Levi Pinfold
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through them, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.