The Digger and the Flower by Joseph Kuefler
Everyday Crane, Dozer, and Digger work together to create bridges, roads and buildings. The vehicles push, scoop and lift through the environment. One day Digger spots a single blue flower in amongst the construction. Digger cares for the flower as Crane and Dozer continue to build. Digger protects the flower from the wind and even sings to it. But his kindness is in vain.
The blue flower rests in the only empty site in the city and Dozer charges in and cuts it down. Upset, Digger salvages its the seeds. He travels far from the city and plants them on a hill. Just like with the original flower Digger cares for the seeds as they grow.
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- Picture Books to Inspire Acts of Kindness
- 4 Picture Books to Inspire Generosity & Recycling
- Amazing Books That Inspire Environmental Responsibility
- Caring Picture Books & Resources
- 20 Children’s Books Showing What It Means to Be Thankful
- Vibrant Books for Budding Gardeners
- Glorious Gifts for Kids Passionate About Gardening
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through them, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.