The Dot by Peter H. Reynolds
A teacher encourages Vashti in her artistic abilities by making her own mark, a dot. The teachers’ positive response prompts Vashti to create a wide range of dot paintings. “At the school art show a few weeks later, Vashti’s many dots made quite a splash.”
Series: The Dot (1); Ish (2); Playing From the Heart (3)
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- Candlewick Press: Creatrilogy Classroom Guide
- Kids Health in the Classroom: Self Esteem Teacher’s Guide
- The NED Show: The Dot Lesson Plan
- Northern Ireland Curriculum: Art and Design Activities
- Peter Reynolds Official Website
- Peter Reynolds Website: Questions & Answers about The Dot!
- Peter Reynolds Website: Activity Ideas
- Reading is Fundamental: Support Materials
- Read Works: The Dot 1st Grade Unit
- Walker Books: International Dot Day ClassroomGuide
- Take a look inside
Books by Peter H. Reynolds
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through them, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.