The Journey by Francesca Sanna
, gaining strength from their mother. “Mother is with us and she is never scared” but she is shown weeping with distress while her children sleep.
Teaching Resources: The Journey
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- Amnesty International: Using Fiction to Explore Human Rights Lesson Plans
- Carnegie Greenway Awards: Francesca Sanna talks about The Journey
- Centre for Literacy in Primary Education: Teaching Ideas
- Flying Eye Books: Lessons and Activities linked to Common Core
- Francesca Sanna Official Website
- Share my Lesson: Book Discussion Guide
- Walker Books: The Journey Classroom Ideas
- Take a look inside
Books by Francesca Sanna
Disclosure: The Children’s Library Lady website contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through these links, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.
- Belonging Picture Books & Resources
- Powerful Books About Remarkable Women
- Wellbeing Picture Books & Resources
- The 5 Stages of Reading Development
- Discover the Benefits of Picture Books for Older Readers
- 6 Powerful Strategies on How to Choose Books to Read
- Children’s Books & Resources for the IB Learner Profile Traits
- How to Use Picture Books to Teach Cause and Effect