Illustrator: Duncan Beedie
Jim Hickory was a lumberjack with “big, burly shoulders and an even bigger bristly beard.” Every day he chops down trees with no thought for the consequences.
When a bird, a porcupine and a beaver lose their homes because of Jim’s actions they demand he makes amends. He lets them live in his enormous beard but “between the bird’s chirping, the porcupine’s prickling and the beaver’s thumping, Jim didn’t get much sleep that night.”
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
Books by Duncan Beedie
- Amazing Books That Inspire Environmental Responsibility
- Using Picture Books to Teach Cause and Effect
- Wonderful Cause & Effect Games that Won’t Bore Your Children
- Entertaining Cause & Effect Activities Children will Love
- Vibrant Books for Budding Gardeners
- How to Save Money Making a Book Character Costume
- Stuck by Oliver Jeffers
- The Rain Came Down by David Shannon
More Books to Explore
The Children’s Library Lady has over 300 picture books on large variety of topics. You will find specific book, author and illustrator information, as well as resources. You can also browse themed books lists and explore all the books on the website. Click on the book covers below to start exploring what the website has to offer.
*Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. When you click them and then make a purchase I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting my work in this way
Like this post? Pin it & share the love!