The Most Magnificent Thing by Ashely Spires
A girl and her best friend in the whole wide world do all kinds of things together. “They race. They eat. They explore. They relax. She makes things. He unmakes things.” A girl, and her canine assistant glue, adjust, examine, stare, tweak, fasten, fix, straighten and study to create the most magnificent thing. “They are shocked to discover that the thing isn’t magnificent. Or good. It isn’t even kind-of-sort-of-okay. It is all WRONG. The girl tosses it aside and gives it another go.”
Teaching Resources: The Most Magnificent Thing
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- Ashely Spires Official Website
- Kids Can Press: The Most Magnificent Thing Teaching Guide
- The NED Show: Lesson Plans for a Growth Mindset: The Most Magnificent Thing
- Reading is Fundamental: Support Materials
- Reading is Fundamental: Guide for Educators
- Scholastic: Design Thinking: A Lesson That Connects Classmates
- Take a look inside
Books by Ashely Spires
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through them, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.