The Odd Egg by Emily Gravett is a funny picture book that promotes open-mindedness, compassion responsibility and a sense of belonging.
“All the birds had an egg. All except Duck… Then Duck found an egg! He thought it was the most beautiful egg in the whole wide world!” Duck shows great compassion and love for this unusual egg, despite negativity from the other birds. The anticipation builds as the egg hatches. What will be inside?!
Teaching Resources: The Odd Egg by Emily Gravett
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- Centre for Literacy in Primary Education: The Odd Egg Teaching Ideas
- Emily Gravett Official Website
- Emily Gravett Website: The Odd Egg Activities
- The Guardian: Emily Gravett, children’s illustrator
- The Guardian: Author of the Month: Emily Gravett
- The Guardian: Emily Gravett’s animals – in pictures
- Love My Books: The Odd Egg by Emily Gravett activities
- Playing by the Book: 100+ Activities to go with books by Emily Gravett
- Scottish Book Trust: Emily Gravett Learning Resource
- Scholastic: The Odd Egg Book Activities
- The Telegraph: The Road Less Travelled – Interview with Emily Gravett