The Quiet Place by Sarah Stewart
Isabel, her parents and brother emigrated from Mexico to Michigan. Before moving to America, Isabel’s Aunt Lupita taught her English. She practices her language skills by describing her new life in twelve letters to her aunt.
Teaching Resources: The Quiet Place
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- Coaching Young Readers and Writers: Mentor Text: The Quiet Place
- David Small Official Website
- Kathleen Pelley: The Quiet Place Activity Guide
- Publisher Weekly: Q & A with Sarah Stewart and David Small
- Reading Rockets: Interview with Sarah Stewart and David Small
- Share My Lesson: Immigration Resources
- TIME: How to Talk to Your Kids About Immigration
- Take a look inside
Books by Sarah Stewart & David Small
Disclosure: The Children’s Library Lady website contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through these links, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.