Rummaging through an old box Elliott finds a machine that “didn’t have an ON/OFF button and it didn’t even bleep or buzz!” He sits on it by mistake and realises it made letters and words. “Perhaps it was a story machine.” Elliott is frustrated by the machine as he keeps getting the letters “all jumbled up.” He notices he had made a face with the letters and makes more pictures of giraffes, bees, rockets and robots.
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
Books by Tom McLaughlin
- Why Wordless Picture Books are Important
- What are the 5 Stages of Reading Development?
- Amazing Strategies for Reading Aloud to Children
- Using Picture Books With Older Children
- 6 Ways For Children to Celebrate Inventors Month
- Ada Twist, Scientist by Andrea Beaty
- Click, Clack, Moo Cows That Type by Doreen Cronin
More Books to Explore
The Children’s Library Lady has over 300 picture books on large variety of topics. You will find specific book, author and illustrator information, as well as resources. You can also browse themed books lists and explore all the books on the website. Click on the book covers below to start exploring what the website has to offer.
*Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. When you click them and then make a purchase I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting my work in this way