The Tunnel by Anthony Browne
“Once upon a time there lived a sister and brother who were not at all alike. In every way they were different.” The siblings, who continually argue, discover a mysterious tunnel.
Excited, the brother immediately goes through, dismissing his sister’s fears. When he doesn’t return she has to find the courage to follow him through the tunnel.
Teaching Resources: The Tunnel by Anthony Browne
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- Anthony Browne Official Website
- Father Reading: The Tunnel – whole-class guided reading
- The Guardian: Anthony Browne Picture Gallery
- Hamilton Trust: Stories by the Same Author: Anthony Browne
- Publishers Weekly: Q & A with Anthony Browne
- Psychology Today: Risk-Taking for Your Children: How Much is Enough?
- Scholastic: Ages & Stages: Helping Children Manage Fears
- Teaching Ideas: The Tunnel Lesson Plans
- TES: KS2 The Tunnel by Anthony Browne planning
- TES: KS1 English Text – The Tunnel by Anthony Browne – Teaching Approaches
- Take a look inside The Tunnel
Books by Anthony Browne
- Picture Books to Inspire Acts of Kindness
- Caring Picture Books & Resources
- Strategies to Help When Children Make Reading Errors
- Anxiety Picture Books & Resources
- Discover the Benefits of Picture Books for Older Readers
- 6 Powerful Strategies on How to Choose Books to Read
- Children’s Books & Resources for the IB Learner Profile Traits