“Deep in the forest lived a badger called Pete who tidied and cleaned and kept everything neat.” He snipped off any flowers that didn’t match, he untangled the fox’s fur and brushed the beaks of all the birds. As the leaves fell in Autumn, he collected all the leaves and put them in hundreds of rubbish bags but now the trees were too bare so he dug them all up! Then it rained leaving the forest floor covered in mud, so Badger called in the diggers and covered the ground in concrete.
Teaching Resources: Tidy by Emily Gravett
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- Centre for Literacy in Primary Education: Teaching Ideas
- Emily Gravet Website: Teacher Notes and Class Activities
- Emily Gravet Website: Tidy – Fingerpainting
- The Guardian: Emily Gravett, children’s illustrator
- The Guardian: Emily Gravett’s animals – in pictures
- The Guardian: How to Draw a Badger by Emily Gravett
- Love My Books: Tidy by Emily Gravett activities
- Teaching Ideas: Tidy Teaching Ideas and Resources
- The Telegraph: The Road Less Travelled – Interview with Emily Gravett
- UK Literacy Association: Tidy by Emily Gravett book connections
- World Book Day: Teaching guides Tidy: Nursery Teaching Guide
- Take a look inside Tidy by Emily Gravett
Books by Emily Gravett
Disclosure: The Children’s Library Lady website contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through these links, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.
- Self-Management Books & Resources
- Self-Awareness Books & Resources
- The Best Cause And Effect Books And Resources
- 32 of the Best Learner Profile Balanced Books
- 20 of the Best Gardening Books for Children
- 6 Powerful Strategies on How to Choose Books to Read
- Children’s Books & Resources for the IB Learner Profile Traits