The Tomorrow Book by Jackie French
The Tomorrow Book by Jackie French is a timely picture book that promotes environmental responsibilities, cooperation and problem-solving.
The children from the kingdom ask a prince, left in charge of the kingdom, for help to make environmental changes. The group research in the palace library and set out to make positive changes.
“’Well…’ said the little prince. ‘I think real life could be improved.’” They realise that by working together and seeking solutions they can make a difference in their world.
Teaching Resources: The Tomorrow Book
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- BBC Bitesize: What should I do with my rubbish?
- Global Digital Citizen Foundation: 10 Great Critical Thinking Activities That Engage Your Students
- Global Words Education: The Tomorrow Book Unit of Work
- Go Recycle: All you need to know to know about recycling for KS1 and KS2
- Harper Collins: The Tomorrow Book Teacher Guide
- Jackie French Official Website
- Kids Matter: How children’s thinking and learning develop
- Learning to Give: The Four R’s: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, RESPECT!
- Sue Degennaro Official Website
- Take a look inside