My Two Blankets by Irena Kobald
Cartwheel is an immigrant who moves from a war-torn land to a new country with her aunt. She struggles to adjust to many aspects of her new home.
“Nobody spoke like I did. When I went out, it was like standing under a waterfall of strange sounds. The waterfall was cold. It made me feel alone. I felt like I wasn’t me anymore.”
With help from a new friend her transition to fit in and feel more at home becomes smoother.
My Two Blankets Resources
- Australian Literacy Educators' Association: Teachers’ Notes for Foundation
- Freya Blackwood Blogspot: Preview of My Two Blankets
- The Guardian: Inside the world of Kate Greenaway winner Freya Blackwood
- Learning to Give: Refugees: Finding a Place (K-2)
- The Little Big Book Club: My Two Blankets Learning Time
- The Little Big Book Club: Lesson Plan Yr 4-5
- NSW Education: SPaRK – My Two Blankets
- Reading Australia: My Two Blankets Lesson Plan
Books by Freya Blackwood
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through them, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.
Did you enjoy this post? Why not share it!
The form you have selected does not exist.